Just a friendly reminder that Vimeo is Hiring. There are quite a few open positions but obviously I’m thinking the most about the Web Designer opening.
If you are a designer, or know one. Or if you’re any of the other things on this page or know someone who is, I encourage you to apply. I thought about this just now because for the last two years I’ve never spent a Sunday night dreading Mondays. Come work with us!
Here’s the type of designer we are looking for.
- You often ask “Do you need help with anything?” rather than “That’s not my job”.
- You suspect people think you ask “Can you show me how to do that?” too often.
- You are often too busy actually solving problems with design to be blogging about how “design is all about solving problems”.
- You hate a lot of things with passion and can articulate why you hate them, but when you are listening to others you are actually listening rather than waiting for your turn to speak.
- You want to be involved in the full cycle of creative service from ideation to the last mile execution because you value the why’s behind the project as much as the how’s.
- You often get this wonderful feeling that you are not working on a web site but something that’s alive; organic, evolving and challenging entity that’s constantly trying to kick your ass if you don’t take care of it with care and respect.
- You understand the general differences between community-driven-design vs. design-driven-community.
- You never suffered from an illusion that there’s a perfect product for everyone, but you accept there are perfectly designed product that caters to a segment of people who will find it perfect for them.
- You don’t think compromise is a dirty word. You feel that the design is often a zero sum game. If you add something, anything, then you are also taking something away from somewhere for some people.
- You are an amazing designer.
- You hate, and I mean absolutely detest with last breath you can muster, clowns and any clown related artifacts.
And can you rock as hard as this photo does?